Friday, February 24, 2012

Did You Know?

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to watch this video:

It's dizzying really.

As the video played, I found myself getting anxious.  Or maybe the anxiety that lurks in my mind came rushing up to the surface.

Everything is moving so fast.  The video gives a lot of statistics to show how fast technology is moving.  But it's not just technology.  Everything seems to be moving so fast.

I'm ready to get off the grid.  Escape.  Slow down.

Realistic? 

Not a chance.

A dream?

Oh yes.

Something, somewhere is always happening.  Thanks to technology we all know about it--and are expected to react to it--almost instantly.

There is no time to slow down.  Disconnect.  And still keep up with the things that need to be done.

The question I struggle with is how to slow down...find more quiet...more time to disconnect.  Oh yes, and without guilt. 

But...reality sets in.  Working a full time job, plus being a mom, and keeping up with all that entails means that its hard to find that time to slow down. 

So, my question is, have you found a balance? A way to quiet the ever increasing speed of everything that we're constantly being bombarded with in every nook and cranny of life?

Do you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment