Saturday, February 18, 2012

Party Time for the Con-Man

We had Connor's birthday party this morning with some of his friends.  I always think doing these types of things are a good idea...then when I look at Pinterest I say, "hey, that would be cute/fun/easy/awesome to do, I should do that for the party.

Then reality and time constraints kick in.  Pinterest pressure starts to make me feel guilty.  I should be doing....

But, at the end of the day, all a group of little kids really need is an open space and their friends (a little sugar doesn't hurt) to have a ball.  And this morning was fun.  Connor agreed, it was a smashing good time.

We had the party over at the Seminary in a big, bright open classroom. Perfect for little legs to run around. 

We got the table ready.
There were treats (and fruit/cheese) out for snacks.

Most importantly, there was cake.  Not just any cake, but a Kruta's Cake.  Yum.  I'd been planning to make a cake, but when Mom offered to pick one up from Kruta's, I thought, how could we not.  The best cakes around, and I could cross something off my to do list.   Score!  Seriously though, Kruta's is the best.
After playing through an obstacle course I rigged up, we headed over for a hike up Luther Tower.

Connor, and his friends, looked up and thought--we're going to climb that???
The parents probably thought that too.


When we got up, Opa helped the each of the kids ring the massive bells that are in the bell towel.  The neighborhood probably wondered what was going on with all the ringing.
On the way down, everyone stopped to get a button that said "I climbed Luther Tower."  Oma passed them out.
Then it was off for cake and snacks.

Christian was there.
 Connor got silly while his friends sang Happy Birthday.
And finally, the whole (hopefully tired out group).
For another view of the morning, see Oma's blog here.

  It was a fun morning.  We've been napping and lazy since we got home.  Yay for naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment