Friday, April 13, 2012

Squirrels Abound

Today is Opening Day at Busch Stadium!  It's also the opening of the new playground at Cardinal Glennon.  This is a great playground that was funded by donations related to the Rally Squirrel during the 2011 World Series.  There's even a Rally Squirrel Tree House for the kids. 

I'm headed to DC tomorrow.  I found it funny that the Architect of the Capitol has a full webpage dedicated to squirrels on the Capitol grounds.  Sure, there are lots of them.  For some reason that I've never fully understood, tourists love to take pictures of the squirrels on the grounds...not just the squirrels, but also the ducks that live on the Mall and around the Tidal Basis (full disclosure, we're guilty of the duck pictures as DP loves the ducks).

Do these folks take pictures of the squirrels at home in their yards?

We have plenty of squirrels in our yard, but frankly, I'd be happy if they moved down the street or across town.  After the Great Griswold Christmas escapade, I'm done with squirrels.  I still get anxious when I go into my sons room, wondering if we have a little squirrel friend hiding out in the dormers.

No comments:

Post a Comment