Saturday, August 4, 2012

Where Did Saturday Go?

School starts in a week and it's tax-free weekend in Missouri this weekend.  That means everyone (including us) is out shopping.  Yikes.  Stores were slammed.  After running into a shoe store this afternoon I quickly remembered why I would rather do all my shopping first thing in the morning.

The upside to this is that most stores are running pretty good back-to-school sales.  So we ventured ut because I'd much rather pay $7.99 for the boys favorite pants rather than $30 went they aren't on sale in a month or two.

Christian and I actually did most of his supply/shoe shopping last night at Target. Today was to return something to Lands End and grab shoes and pants for Connor.

The boys were so thrilled to be out at the mall...


 After stops at Old Navy, Famous Footwear, Hobby Lobby, Schnucks, and Kohls, we are done.

Shoe shopping for the boys drives me nutty.  Tennis shoes are easy.  Finding decent casual/church shoes that look good, hold up to the beating that little boys give them, actually find their size, and don't cost a fortune is not so easy.  It took a few stops before we finally found a pair for Connor.  This poor kid--I realized a few days ago that the sandals he's been insisting on wearing to church were a good two sizes too small.  Talk about being an observant parent. Ha!

So, with most of the day behind us, we're nearly done.  There are only a few random things that I forgot to pick up last night because I didn't bring Connor's list with me.

Now, it's time to relax.

1 comment:

  1. What style of shoes and sizes? I can keep a look out. AP

    ReplyDelete