Monday, September 26, 2011

Are real people more important than the Internet?

Apparently 40% of college students don't think so. According to the 2011 Cisco Connected World Technology Report,  40% of college students said that the Internet is more important to them than going out with friends, dating, or listening to music. Really? You'd rather spend your time with a piece of technology over talking with, laughing with, enjoying time with a real person? I appreciate the Internet-it's useful and fun and I have to use it a lot but it's no substitute for real interaction with real people.

With the way technology and the Internet are taking over, I won't be surprised to see that percentage increase in the future. But I'll be teaching my sons that's it's more important to be present in real life than to be looking to the Internet as an integral part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment