Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hanging on for the ride

Life is made up of so many things...some predictable, others, not so much.  Lately, I've been on a roller coaster ride--the roller coaster being of the most stomach-churning kind that leads to constant prayers that it will end soon.  Pray without ceasing anyone?  Oh yes.

At any rate, with all that we're experiencing being newly home in St. Louis, I've decided to finally take the leap into writing a blog.  Four months ago, my family and I were living and working inside the Beltway of DC.  At the time, I had no idea what was in store for us.  Then before I knew it, I was leaving behind nearly 12 years in DC to come home to St. Louis. When I moved to DC, it was just me.  Now I'm coming home (happily!) with my sweet boys and husband. It's remarkable how life moves. 

It's been a fast, hectic, often stressful, and wonderful number of weeks since we arrived in St. Louis in early August.  Now, while the roller coaster is moving faster and steeper, we're seeing some signs of normal life taking shape.  There's so much about being home that feels perfect...right...meant to be.  We're also living the insecurity...uncertainty....nervousness that comes with any new endeavor.

But, the sun is shining.  And God is good. 

Welcome to our adventures as we settle in at home in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment