Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Long Saturday

Wow, can Saturday's be really long, yet full, and still lacking enough time to fit everything in.

We started this morning at 5.  There's a cat that roams the neighborhood.  I have no idea who he belongs to, but he wanders around.  We'll often find him scampering away from the car when we come outside.  Well, this morning he got into some sort of screeching match with some animal.  Shriek after piercing shriek, right outside our bedroom window.

Good morning.

Then a few minutes later Connor rolled into our room for a snuggle.  He eventually fell back to sleep, but Darren and I were both awake.

Fast forward to 6 am.  I'm three sips into my first cup of coffee when here comes Christian.  He's all dressed and greets me with "I'm ready to go help you at Soulard."

I'm glad for the help Buby, but Soulard doesn't open til 7.  A few minutes later he tells me "Mommy, I think we want to do everything for you because of all the things you do for me and Connor."

Aww. 

After a while, Christian and I headed to pick up some fruits and veggies (and some herbs) at Soulard.  Then we picked up Connor, headed to get the boys haircuts, followed by a trip to Home Depot.

When we got home, it was only 10:45, but it sure felt like way past lunchtime.

Because it was hot out, I gave the boys a bucket of water, their water guns, and finally hooked up the sprinkler for them.

What is better than a sprinkler for a kid on a hot day?

Christian loves it.
Connor, not so much at first.
"Mommy, I have an idea."
 Ah, that's better.
I worked in the yard...there's more to do than I have time to tackle on the weekends.  Inch by inch.
Then some banana bread was made,
And finally, one boy conked out for a long nap.
What a delightfully uneventful, busy, tiring, happy day.

And, it' not even 5pm yet.

What's next?



No comments:

Post a Comment