Friday, November 18, 2011

For Sale: Kodak Gallery

Does anyone still use Kodak Gallery for online photo storage?  I used to, and still have quite a few albums stored there, but in recent years I made the shift to Snapfish.  More and more, I've found that I only put photos onto Snapfish if I know I'm going to be ordering prints, or other photo products.  If I'm not planning to print them but want to share them with family or friends, the photos end up in Facebook albums.

According to the WSJ, Eastman Kodak has put Kodak Gallery up for sale, reportedly for hundreds of millions of dollars.  Eastman Kodak has been hit with a significant funding shortfall and is looking to sell the Gallery to fund a turn around. 

A lot of the photos I have on Kodak Gallery are from our wedding and honeymoon.  I  think I may start looking for a way to make sure those are safe.  A traditional photo album perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. If that's the only place you have them I'd download to a flash drive or external hard drive just to keep them where you know they're safe.

    ReplyDelete