Monday, November 14, 2011

Keeping Up With Books

Looking at the paper this morning, I came across the list of the recent New York Times Bestselling books.  There was a time (pre-kids) that I could look at a list like this and click off how many I'd read.  Usually I'd read at least 3 or 4, if not more. 

Now, with the BoBos, my reading at home is limited mainly to childrens books.  The last book I read cover to cover was Make Way For Ducklings. I'm lucky if I can make it through the first few pages of any book I pick up before falling asleep.

Escaping into a book for fun is energizing.  It can also be a stress-buster.  Trying to find the time to really do it is another story. 

So, here are The New York Times Best Sellers for the week ending Oct. 29:

HARDCOVER FICTION
1. "The Litigators'' • John Grisham
2. "1Q84'' • Haruki Murakami
3. "The Best of Me'' • Nicholas Sparks
4. "The Snow Angel'' • Glenn Beck
5. "The Christmas Wedding'' • James Patterson and Richard DiLallo
6. "The Marriage Plot'' • Jeffrey Eugenides
7. "The Night Eternal'' • Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
8. "The Affair'' • Lee Child

HARDCOVER NONFICTION
1. "Steve Jobs'' • Walter Isaacson
2. "Killing Lincoln'' • Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
3. "Thinking, Fast And Slow'' • Daniel Kahneman
4. "Boomerang'' • Michael Lewis
5. "Unbroken'' • Laura Hillenbrand
6. "Three and Out'' • John U. Bacon
7. "The End of Normal'' • Stephanie Madoff Mack with Tamara Jones
8. "Seriously … I'm Kidding'' • Ellen DeGeneres

Have you read any of these?  Do you recommend any of them? Or, are there titles not on the list that you really enjoyed?

2 comments:

  1. Started Grisham, having a hard time keeping at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got "Killing Lincoln" for Chris a while back. I don't think he's read it yet and I just haven't had the time, but it did look interesting.

    ReplyDelete