Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shooting Hoops

St. Louis is hosting the Midwest Regional for the NCAA tourney this weekend.  Today, the teams playing in STL had practices at the Edward Jones Dome that were open to the public.

Because Christian is on spring break, I've been trying to think of things for he and Darren to do together...I'm really trying to prevent a day spent with two of them staring at the tv or a video screen.

So when I told Darren about the open practices, he said "Hey, it's not just a hat rack!"

Gee, thanks.

So he took both Christian and Connor to watch a couple of the teams practice.

If it's possible to be jealous of an almost six-year old, I am.  Christian and I have had a lot of fun doing the brackets and watching college basketball this year.  He got to go see some of it first hand, and I got to...well, do what adults do.

As an aside, Christian is sitting in third place in the pool that my mom organized.  My dad is in first, mom in second, Christian in third.

It's a conspiracy.

At any rate, the boys all had a good time, strategically sitting by the North Carolina cheerleaders.  How convenient.

But, I'm so glad they went.

When I got home I asked Christian if North Carolina (one of the teams they got to see) practiced like his team did.  "No."  Ok, how was it different?

"They just shot a lot of baskets, all at the same time."

Ah.  What was the coolest thing you saw?

"Well, Mommy, two players shot at the same time, and the balls were going to go into the basket, but they bumped and blocked each other so neither ball could score."

Here's a view of the court, with North Carolina taking their turn.
At some point the boys got silly.

And this is how they felt about Mizzou losing, and Kansas making it to the Sweet Sixteen.

What a day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment