Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is in the Air

I love Saturdays and Sunday in the spring.  The days are long...I was up by five both yesterday and today.  The days also seem to be non-stop with things to do.  For the most part, we were working in the yard this weekend.

We're still fighting the ivy.  We'll be fighting the ivy until Connor goes to college.

Every time you put a shovel in the ground, you come up with a mess of ivy roots that go on for miles.

I think I spent four hours today hunched over, pulling ivy.  And this was after we'd been through it with the weed-eater.

At any rate, everything is turning green.  The leaves are starting to pop, and the fragrance in the air is amazing. I've loved heading out in the morning just to take it all in.  Lovely.

There is baby basil.
Pink azaleas in the back yard.

Hibiscus.  My favorite.  Hibiscus make me happy. I only have two now, but plan to have many of these happy plants lining the deck before too long.

Blue.
DP is building raised beds for the yard.  With all the ivy, this will save us, and hopefully give the plants a fighting chance.
And these...these are the faces of tired boys at the end of a long day outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment