Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Dad

Happy birthday to my Dad.  I couldn't even begin to express here how much he means to me, and to our family.  Typically when I describe him, I start with the wonderful (and unique) sense of humor that our family has...the Meyer Humor.  You either get it or you don't.  We like it that way.

But, Dad--both my parents really--has set such a beautiful example of love for us.  Dad embodies, and demonstrates, love and mercy and grace time and time again.  Especially when I haven't deserved it.  For that I'm grateful.  I hope that I can model that same attitude of love and mercy for my boys...especially when its hard to do.

So, happy birthday dear Dad.  We love you.

PS: The boys have a birthday song for you.  You won't be surprised to see the ConMan doing what he does best:)


2 comments:

  1. Samantha loved the video! she has a HUUUUUGE smile on her face, I think she misses her cousins!!

    Happy Birthday Uncle Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, the boys got weepy about missing Sam over the weekend. We should Skype soon.

    ReplyDelete