Sunday, January 8, 2012

Target Therapy

Target is a dangerous place.  Don't get me wrong, I love it, but as most everyone has experienced, you walk in for toilet paper and walk out with a cart full of snacks, socks, candles, bowls, pop, cleaning stuff, dvds, etc, etc.  It's addictive.  They know how to tap into the market for impulse purchase better than anyone.  I've found this especially true when I'm feeling blah.

Where the impulse shopping is most fun at Target is at the Dollar Stop.  Loads of fun things, all for a dollar each.  When I'm focused, I usually walk right by this section of bins full of goodies, but it takes some willpower not to just take a peek at what's there.  At our Target in NoVa, it was easy to avoid this spot because it was positioned near the entrance that I never used.  So if I didn't walk by, no buying!

On Saturday I ran into target for a couple of things, but because running errands there when I'm sans little helpers is kind of an escape for me, I meandered.  And, I stopped at the Dollar Stop.

This are a few things I found.

First up, little Batman tin cups.  So fun.  You could use this for kids parties, to hold pencils or chalk, or treats.  The possibilities are endless.  I left these on the shelf, but came home with Batman and Super Squad coloring books for the boys.  Super Heroes are big in our house these days.
I did grab a couple pairs of the Batman socks for the boys.  They love these.  Each time I've looked through the Dollar Stop, they've had different character socks.  Fun for little feet.
And what kid doesn't love glow-in-the-dark bracelets and necklaces?
They have added some things that are a little more than a buck...$2.50 to be exact.  Like these cute heart bowls. 
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and there were lots of things that were red and pink and covered in hearts.  Before Christmas they had round bowls like this, in red and green.  I grabbed a couple and they've made the perfect popcorn bowls for the boys.  We use them all the time, so they were well worth the 2.50.

And, there were these adorable milk bottle vases.  Won't these be cute with little roses or daisies or other flowers in them?
And while it wasn't in the dollar section, I did find some colorful cheer in the nail polish section.

Such fun, the Dollar Stop.  I must try to find a different entrance into the store....

No comments:

Post a Comment