Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

Last night 2012 came in with a bang in our neighborhood. Literally. It sounded like the whole neighborhood was out for a long fireworks display and an impromptu parade complete with cow bells and other noise makers. The commotion woke me from a sound sleep.

Yep, I'm exciting like that.

I've been feeling a little under the weather so last night DP sent me to bed around 8 pm. As worn out as I was/am feeling I didn't argue. I could do it again tonight.... So when the fireworks started I jumped about three feet in the air. I'm not sure where they were being shot from, but it sounded like they were very close. Shortly after they began you could hear people in the street celebrating.

I'm all for celebrating the end of 2011, but even more ready to celebrate 2012. Ultimately each day is only what you make of it-good or bad-but it is nice to have the feeling of a clean slate that comes from the beginning of a new year. A fresh look at what is possible, a sense of hope and optimism for what is to come. I'm ready to make 2012 a year to remember. I pray that it's a year to remember for the good things that take place. Only time will tell, but I'm hopeful and ready to act now to make it great.

What are you hopeful for in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment