Monday, January 23, 2012

Top Five Food Trends

The 37th Winter Fancy Food Trends Show was last week.  This show has more than 1300 exhibitors featuring the best foods and drinks around.  This sounds like it would be great fun to attend.  Over the weekend I found myself in Straubs' Webster Groves store. I'd made the critical error of going in without a plan, so I spent a ridiculously long time meandering through the aisles, trying to decide what to make for dinner, and wanting to try everything.

I'm guessing the Fancy Food show would be something like that, only on a much, much larger scale.

Five food trends were identified at this year's show.  They are:


Pickling 2.0


Seeds and Grains


Gluten Grows Up


Coconut Cracks Open


Ancient Grains


The trends strike me as emphasizing natural foods, a return to eating real food, not the overly processed items.  That can't be all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment