Saturday, October 22, 2011

actually a pretty nice little Saturday...

Today was a perfect, Indian Summer day.  We started the day out with BudBud's soccer game, and then the boys and I headed off for a day of Mom and Son's errand running.  Boy, were they patient little helpers!

We started off with a quick trip to my office. I'd left something on my desk and I needed 30 seconds to run in and get it. (It's not at all unusual for me to leave something in my office--I rarely can leave the building without having to go back to my office because I forgot something).

Then we headed over to Collinsville.  After a quick stop at Steak N Shake for lunch (we were starving), we headed over to Kruta's Bakery. Yum. Yum. and Yum.  The trick with Kruta's is that on a Saturday, you have to get there early.  We didn't arrive till about 1pm, so there wasn't much left.  No matter, we still came home with pumpkin cookies and a cherry stolen.



Then we were off to Home Furniture.  Our living room is empty.  We put our sofa and loveseat in the sun room in this house because that's where we spend most of our time.  It's a great room.  I love the windows and all the great light that comes into the room. And, because we have a wonderful old tree outside the main windows, the light is filtered and the view is lovely.

But, our living room is empty.  Unless  you count the rug and framed photos that aren't on the wall, but still propped up against the wall, the room is empty.  So, when you walk in the front door, you're walking into an empty room.

So, I wanted to go to Home Furniture to look for a sofa for the living room.  I found 2 or 3 options that I like a lot, and that will work with the space.  But, since I didn't have DP with me, I didn't commit to anything.  I'm itching to have this room feel complete, or if not complete, at least not empty.  I wish I'd gotten the couch issue resolved, but its not, so for another several weeks, the boys will enjoy the open, unobstructed living room.

After a stop at Home Depot we were on our way home.  Then, because I decided that the time had come to repaint our desk, it was project time.  Let's just say that this project isn't going as quickly as I'd like.  I found my inspiration on Pinterest, so I know where I want to go, but it's taking a while to get there.  We found this great desk that we found for almost nothing on Craiglist.

I really like it, but I'm tired over all the furniture being brown.  It's time for color in the house.  So I'm painting it. Unfortunately, the top of the desk has been so well lacquered, that it's taken me three coats of citrastrip so far, and I'm still not ready to start painting the desk.  I'd hoped to at least have it primed today, but the time slipped away.

So, to be finished tomorrow.  It's time to watch the Cardinals! 






No comments:

Post a Comment