Friday, October 7, 2011

Looking for Wine?

I came across this article about "The 10 Best Wine Regions You've Never Heard Of" today.  Wine? Yes, please.

It was fun to see Virginia's wine country make the list.  During our years in Northern Virginia/DC, we had many opportunities to enjoy time out in wine country.  It is a beautiful place to visit, particularly this time of year.

At number 9 on the list is Missouri.  Another fun option.  I spent many a late Friday afternoon during law school at Mizzou with friends at the bluff-top bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards in Rocheport, MO.  Lovely place to spend an afternoon...into the evening.

As I finished with Missouri I looked for the 10th Best Wine Region you've never heard of.  Hmmm, not there.  What was billed as a list of 10, is really a list of nine. Sampling while drafting the list perhaps?

Since there is no #10, allow me to make a suggestion to complete the list.  Northern Michigan.  Specifically, Left Foot Charley.  We've had the opportunity to have wine tastings from Left Foot Charley over the past few summers.  Delicious.  The Riesling MD and Murmur are two of my favorites.  I never seem to bring enough back home with me. If you find yourself in Traverse City, MI, head over to Left Foot Charley and have a glass.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment