Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bud Bud's My First Hymnal

A few weeks ago, I brought home a copy of My First Hymnal for Bud Bud to give to his teacher.  He liked it so much that he was very upset that he had to give it away.  So I brought him home a copy of his own.  The first night he got it looked something like this:


I showed the picture to our music editor...he asked if they could use it for the poster that will be used for the hymnal.  Sure, I said.

Then, a few days ago, they asked if we would be willing to let Bud Bud be videoed for the promotional video that will be supporting the hymnal.  Sure, why not?

So today was the day.  Christian waited patiently....



Then, he was intrigued as Paula miked him up. (He was bribed liberally with Pez and gummy worms).



 And then, the camera started to roll.

 
He did great...he read some of his favorite hymns and talked about why he likes his My First Hymnal.
It is a beautiful hymnal for kids--just lovely.  The artwork is colorful, eye-catching, and interesting.  The hymns that are included are classic hymns that we know and love to sing.  It's wonderful to be able to have them in a book that we can not only share with our children, but use to help them become involved in worship and to learn about their faith heritage.  

And, because kids soak up everything they hear and read, it's a great resource.  In church recently, I leaned over at the start of a hymn and encouraged Bud Bud to sing along. "I don't know this song, Mommy.  It's not in my hymnal."  At least he's paying attention.

 

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to get one for Samantha. I wonder if they thought about including a CD with all the songs on it. That would be great for the younger ones, like DrewB and Samantha who can't read yet but listening to a cd would be great for the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, my understanding is that a cd is being looked at, possibly for release in 2012. I'll keep you posted. Also, I think Connor is planning to giv Sam a copy of the hymnal for Christmas...shhhh, don't tell her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, my lips are sealed. ;-) Definitely keep me posted on a CD!!

    ReplyDelete