Monday, December 12, 2011

Another Reason to Turn Off the TV

I've been watching less and less television since we moved home.  This is not all bad.  Not at all.  If the TV is on, I'm usually doing something else and not really paying attention.

This time of year, the commercials drive me batty.  With the kids shows, it's commercials for toys that the boys don't need and probably won't play with for more than a second. Yet, they still provoke a reactionary "I WANT THAT!"  Ugh.

The commercials that really bug me are the Lexus commercials.  Stop with the annoying jingle already.  Yes, we know its a December to remember.  I doubt that I'll be remembering it for anything having to do with a Lexus however.

I was happy to see that I'm not the only one that these commercials annoy. 

And for more fun with commercials that we love to hate, check out the blog "This Commercial Sucks."  About Lexus, the blogger writes:

Is there room for any doubt that Lexus will not stop subjecting us to these horrible commercials until everyone on the planet absolutely despises the company, the jingle, and every actor who has ever appeared in any of them?

I think he's probably (unfortunately) correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment