Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday

As of right now, there is only one week til Christmas, three days of school left before the break starts, shopping to start, wrapping to do, babysitters to find, cards to mail, baking to be done, and oh yes, every night this week has something happening, plus five full days of work for me.  I think I might just hide out behind our Christmas tree with a glass of wine and a book.

Yes, the tree is still standing.

So, with everything ahead, of course today was packed.  Church, Sunday School, and then Christian had an indoor soccer game, followed by a birthday party.

The indoor soccer games are fast-paced.  The field is walled in with plexiglass and mesh, giving the spectators a bit of safety from the action.  The action on the field feels much faster and has been more aggressive than what we experienced in outdoor soccer.

Where the parents and other spectators get to sit to watch the action is chaotic and crowded.  There are two sets of bleachers running along the field, with about three feet between the bleachers and the plexiglass.  Because there is only about three and a half minutes between games (this place stacks games back to back all day long), there is a huge crush of people during the last fifteen minutes/first ten minutes of each game.  And then, during the game, people are constantly moving back and forth up and down the field.

Disclosure:  I don't like crowds.  In fact, I can't stand crowds of people.  Especially when the crowd is loud and in constant motion, jostling about.  It makes me tense.  When I get stuck in that kind of environment, all I can think about is how long until I get to escape.  That's how the sidelines of the indoor soccer make me feel.

Here's the pre-game instructions.
Christian's number 7.
 Connor is being silly.

He goes down playing defense.
Hey.  They just knocked me down!

The boys did well today.  They were aggressive, and focused.  Score: Tied, 2-2.



No comments:

Post a Comment