Friday, December 30, 2011

Painting the Boys Rooms

This morning, as I was starting my coffee, I thought that today would as good a time as any to paint the boys rooms.  Their rooms have the dormers, and the initial plan is just to give them one wall of color, and the rest will get painted a creamy white.  Although after playing on Pinterest, I'm reconsidering this.

So today was the day to add the color.  Connor picked red, Christian picked blue.

Can I just say that red is a really annoying color to work with?  It took twice as much paint as the blue did, and I'm thinking it might get a second coat.

Connor's room before:
I need to remember to warn DP when I put paint samples up on the walls...

Connor's room after:
Christian saw Connor's room and said "I like my blue, but I like Connor's a lot.  It looks like a barn."

Christian's room before:
Christian's room after:

There are a few spots to touch up yet, but the color is up.  I'm debating extending the color around the lower part of the room, leaving the top white.  We'll see after living with it for a while.

I'm not master painter, so instead we're going to go see a real master.  Monet's Waterlilies are on display at the St. Louis Art Museum. 

1 comment:

  1. Their rooms look great!! I think the color on the bottom half would look good, but I'm a huge fan of color as you know.

    ReplyDelete