Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Boost Your Small Talk

I'll admit, I'm really not the greatest at small talk--particularly if I'm in a setting where I don't know the people I'm with well or am uncomfortable for dome reason. Once I'm feeling at ease its a different story. Compare that to other members of my family who can talk to anyone about anything. My five year old definitely has that personality.

So if you're looking for a boost to your conversations with all those assorted friends and family this Christmas, check out this list of interesting words:

19 Outstanding Words You Should Be Working Into Conversation.

Guaranteed to pique the interest of the folks you're chatting with.

Here are a few examples from the list.

Kummerspeck (German): Excess weight gained from emotional overeating. Literally, grief bacon.

Lawn Mullet: A neatly manicured front yard and an unmowed mess in the back.


The Wheaton: The delightfully geeky Wil Wheaton was one of the first celebs to attract a massive number of followers. When half a million people subscribed to his Tweets, that number was dubbed a Wheaton by John Kovalic. Today, Wil Wheaton actually has about 3.5 Wheatons.

Pretzel-bender: 1. A peculiar person; an eccentric; one who thinks in a round-about manner. 2. A player of the French horn. 3. A wrestler. 4. A heavy drinker; one who frequents bars.

Which words from the list will you work into conversation at Christmas parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment