Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ins and Outs

There are so many of these "What's In and What's Out" for the New Year, but I still find them fun to read.  More and more, as I read them I'm finding that I'm growing less and less aware of what's "in" in pop culture.  Judging by what my boys asked for for Christmas, I'm so out of the loop in terms of what's cool.  I had to google something my almost-four year old was asking for, have him come to the computer and point out exactly what in the world he was talking about. 

I'm so not with it.

(And I'm ok with that.)

Here's the Washington Post's 2012 In/Out List. 

I'm happy to report I know a few of the references on here.  For example, I'm thrilled that Naps make the top of the list.  Sadly, I know I'll never get the time to actually take one.

Also making the "In" side of the list, coupons and Pinterest.  Yay, I know and use both of these.  I'm so with it.

Going "Out" are white vodka, Instagram (I still like using it though), Lobbyists (I was ahead of the curve on this one), and trapeze lessons. 

Wait, whaaaaaat?  No way.  Just because DC has had a couple years of watching TSNY take off shouldn't put it on the "out" list.  It's too fun.  I wish, wish, wish STL had a place where I could get my flying trapeze fix.  It is such fun, such good stress relief, and good exercise.  I suppose it's become too common there in DC now to be considered "IN." 


No comments:

Post a Comment