Thursday, December 1, 2011

Confession Time

Ok, so here we are on the first day of December.  Confession time: I've given just about zero thought to Christmas shopping this year.  Haven't been to the mall, have thrown away the guts in the Sunday paper without looking at them, and haven't gone online to even browse. There just isn't the energy.

I've started trying to decorate, and want to as my son has been helpful in saying, "make the house look like Christmas threw up in here", but again, time, energy aren't cooperating. So it's happening in fits and starts.

Somehow it will get done.  But it will likely be done through a much simpler lens.  And I'm ok with that.  At the end of the day, Christmas will come, and the real focus isn't on all the trappings and stress.  I'm looking for peace...twinkling lights...the smell of pine...and laughter from DP and my boys.

Here is a great article that might solve some gift-giving dilemmas. I know from my boys, that everything on this list is a winner every time.

The 5 Best Toys of All Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment