Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Candlelight

Last night DP and I were able to sneak away to Powell Hall for the Bach Society Christmas Candlelight Concert.  This is a wonderful Christmas tradition here in STL.  The Bach Society was created in 1941, and began the annual Christmas Candlelight Concert shortly thereafter. 

Growing up, my parents took me and my sister to this concert many times.  Now that we're back home, I thought we'd make this a part of our family tradition.  With the stress of the season, it was relaxing to sit in this lovely place and listen to the outstanding music.  What a treat to be able to do this again.

Powell Hall is made for Christmas.  It's such a beautiful place, gold and red and white.

When we came home, this is what I found as I went to kiss the boys goodnight.
I'm sure there's a story to this, but I've not heard it yet.

2 comments:

  1. I put him back in his bed about ten minutes before you got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. When I went up to kiss him goodnight, he was sound asleep there at the top of the stairs.

    ReplyDelete