Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Chocolate Sandwich?

A couple weekends ago I stunned the boys.  As they were sitting down for lunch I heard "Whoa, Mommy!  Is this a chocolate sandwich? Hey Connor! We get to have a chocolate sandwich for lunch!"

I had made them Nutella sandwiches--Christian's with bananas, Connor's without because he won't go near a banana (yet he loves banana bread).

They were thrilled.

Nutella seems to have a passionate following.  If you're in this crowd, get ready for World Nutella Day, coming on February 5th.  Today's paper had several other uses for the chocolatey-hazelnut goodness, including flavoring whipped cream or milk-based drinks and french toast sandwiches.  And don't forget how perfect it is on crepes. 

Maybe tonight will be breakfast for dinner...

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm going to be craving nutella!! So yummy!! And yes, nutella on crepes is my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete